When it comes to artificial nails - whether Liquid Gel or Acrylic. Our staff have done it in the past for 20+ years of combined experience. At Nail Montage, all we do is Liquid Gel. We care about the quality where it will look natural and shiny as if they are your natural nails.
Why we only do Liquid Gel
ACID Primer is required when it comes to ACRYLIC (Powder). ACID Primer damages your natural nails and your nails become very weak. Acrylic requires “liquid monomer,” when powder and liquid monomer are mixed together, they will be placed on your natural nails and/or artificial tips to form the acrylic layers. “Liquid Monomer” is that UNPLEASANT STRONG odor that you sense when you walk into a typical nail salon. Liquid Gel is a pure gel product that is not mixed with any other liquid, especially “Liquid Monomer.” This Liquid Gel is placed over your natural nails or artificial tips. Liquid Gel is much better for your nails as they are much more natural looking and shiny. Once removed, your natural nails will be less brittle, and not as yellow as Acrylic. Our salon is Odor-Free and relaxing for families, kids, and parties. We focus on quality, health of your nails, and relaxing environment for families. See below for Advantages and Disadvantages when it comes to Acrylic versus Liquid Gel.
Distinct Advantages to using Liquid Gel
- 100% Methacrylic Acid-Free
- Non Lifting (high bonding quality)
- Extremely Flexible and Durable
- Less Maintenance - refills last 2-3 weeks depending on your personal activities
- Extremely Natural Appearance
- No Chipping or Cracking
Disadvantages of Acrylic Nails
- Tends to yellow or discolor
- Extremely unpleasant odor
- ACID Primer is required for bonding, so natural nails become very damaged and weak.
- Sensitive to solvents (Polish remover, water, household chemicals, etc.)
- Product may shrink as it hardens, which can become very painful
- Acrylic nails are very hard and have the tendency to lift more easily; breaks are much more painful and damaging to natural nail.
**Students under 18 will receive 20% off on all services